The International Celebration of the 14th United Nations Day of Vesak to be held in Sri Lanka from 12th to 14th May 2017
The Delegation of Mahasanga from Myanmar left for Sri Lanka to particiate International Celebration of the 14th United Nations Day of Vesak to be held in Sri Lanka from 12th to 14th May 2017.
The Delegation headed by Most Ven Dr. Ashin Nyanissara, Vice Sangaraja, Aggamahapanditha, Chancellor, Sitagu International Buddhist Academy comprising 20 members. H.E. the Ambassador, Mr. K.W.N.D. Karunaratna and Minister, Embassy of Sri Lanka in Yangon was meet this Buddhist delegation at the VIP lounge, Yangon International Airport on 6th May 2017 at 3.00 p.m.
Buddhist Mahasanga delegation comprising following members –
- 1. Rev. Kovida – Adminstrator
- 2. Rev. Thondara – Professor
- 3. Rev. Setthila – Professor
- 4. Rev. Sasana – Professor
- 5. Rev. Kavidhaja – Professor
- 6. Rev. Kovida – Professor
- 7. Rev. Indacariya – Professor
- 8. Rev. Osadhalankara – Professor
- 9. Rev. Dhammacara – Professor
- 10. Rev. Jatilalankara – Lecturer
- 11. Rev. Ayupala – Lecturer
- 12. Rev. Visuta – Lecturer
- 13. Rev. Vicitta – Lecturer
- 14. Rev. Pannajota – Lecturer
- 15. Rev. Javanasami – Lecturer
- 16. Rev. Sucitta – Lecturer
- 17. Mr. Wilbert Kok Chwan
- 18. Mr. Sook Ling
- 19. Mr. Win Zaw
- 20. Mr. Myo Myint Aung – Videman
- 21. Mr. Aung Than Win – Cameraman
H.E. Thura U Aung Ko, Union Minister of Religious Affairs and Culture, Myanmar will leave for Sri Lanka to participate for the UN International Vesak Celebration on 10th May 2017.
A proposal for bilateral cooperation in electricity sector was submitted to Ministry of Electric and Power, Myanmar on 28th February 2017. Accordingly, positive reply from Myanmar authorities for the said proposal.
Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB), LECO and Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau (CECB) under Ministry of Power & Renewable Energy, Sri Lanka have participated for this bilateral discussion on 28.02.2017 at Nay Pyi Taw.
A delegation consist of H.E. the Ambassador, Mr. K.W.N.D. Karunaratne and Dr. B.M.S. Batagoda, Secretary, Ministry of Power & Renewable Energy and representatives from Ceylon Electricity Board, LECO and Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau conducted a discussion on possible future cooperation/partnerships under the following topics –
Knowledge sharing and technology transfer in the areas of
- Transmission line and grid substation design and construction supervision
- Distribution system development
- Design and supervision of hydro power projects
- Generation and transmission planning studies
- Dam safety and monitoring
- Resource assessment, mapping and designing of wind, solar and mini hydro power projects
- Preparation of power purchase agreements.
This Bilateral discussion is a very fruitful discussion and prepares an action plan to implement in future.
Visit of Hon. Minister of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine, Dr. Rajitha Senaratne, to Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar from 7th to 10th March 2017
Hon. Minister of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine, Dr. Rajitha Senaratne and four officials of Ministry of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine visited Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar from 7th to 10th March 2017 to attend the Digital Health Conference and 5th AeHIN General Meeting with the theme “Achieving the ADG’s with ICT.
Hon. Minister of Health, Nutrition & Indigenous Medicine, Dr. Rajitha Senaratne was received by H.E. Mr. K.W.N.D. Karunaratne, Ambassador for Sri Lanka in Myanmar and officials from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Myanmar at the Nay Pyi Taw International Airport on 7th March 2017.
Digital Health is new and innovative concept of the health sector. So, it is very useful dialog with experts from other countries and institutions by sharing knowledge and experience for developing health sector in Sri Lanka.
15th March 2017
The International Celebration of the 14th United Nations Day of Vesak
H.E. the Ambassador, Mr. K.W.N.D. Karunaratna handed over the invitation to Most Ven Dr. Ashin Nyanissara, Vice Sanga Raja, Aggamahapanditha, Chancellor, Sitagu International Buddhist Academy, Myanmar on 10th February 2017.
Most Ven. Dr. Ashin Nyanissara accepted the invitation and confirmed his participation with 10 maha sanga in Myanmar for this ceremony.
Most Ven. Dr. Ashin Nyanissara convey the greetings to H.E. the President and Government of Sri Lanka.